Wednesday, September 24, 2014

"Shan"daar Moong Daal


I saw a new Indian stores while driving to Gudiya's Art class. And that means, I had to check it out!;-) As I stepped in, I remembered that I was out of yellow moong daal. I picked up a pack along with other odds and ends.

After coming home, I discovered that there was a spice sachet inside the daal pack and a recipe. So me being me, I had to try the recipe ASAP!;-)

Since the brand name was "Shan", I named this daal "Shaandaar Moong Daal".

Shaandaar Moong Daal
Ingredients
1 cup yellow moong daal

Tempering
1/2 tbsp. oil
3 spring onions, minced
2 cherry tomatoes, chopped
3-4 sprigs curry leaves

Method
1. Pressure cook moong daal using adequate water.
2. Heat oil. Add curry leaves, turmeric powder and onions.
3. As they turn soft, add tomatoes and Shan spice sachet.
4. Sauté for 2 minutes.
5. Add cooked daal and 1 cup water.
6. Bring to boil. Simmer for few minutes.
7. Serve with plain rice, jeera rice or chapatti.

Note -
1. Shan spice sachet already has salt.
2. If you like the flavor of ghee with your daal, you can serve daal with ghee. Alternatively, heat a small saucepan. Add ghee and drizzle it over daal before serving.


Credits
http://www.shanfoods.com/

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment