Thursday, September 4, 2014

Lemon Poppy Seeds Bundt Cake

 


 
 
I  always shied away from making Lemon Poppy Seeds cake because I was skeptical about black poppy seeds. We always use white poppy seeds in Indian cooking. But I recently tasted this delicious cake, took a mental note, put this cake on my "to do/make" list and happily forgot about it. But I guess I was destined to make it after all!:-)
 
While cleaning the pantry, I noticed that my "Lemon Extract" bottle even had a super-simple recipe. It goes like this -
 
Lemon Poppy Seeds Bundt Cake
Ingredients
1 packet White or Yellow Cake Mix
1 instant Vanilla Pudding mix
3 eggs
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp. lemon extract
2 tbsp. - 1/4 cup black poppy seeds
1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
 
Oil for greasing the cake pan
 
 
Method
1. Preheat oven 350F
2. Mix all the ingredients except oil for greasing. Whisk using an electric cake beater or wire whisk so there are no lumps.
3. Grease Bundt cake pan.
4. Pour cake mixture and make sure that it's uniformly distributed.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. Take the pan out. Let it rest in the pan for 20 minutes.
7. Invert on the serving platter.

8. Cake plops out.
9. Cut into slices & Enjoy.
 
 

Note -
1.The recipe calls for 1/4 cup black poppy seeds. If you find this amount rather too excessive, reduce it to about 2 tbsp. Please note that you should feel the presence of the poppy seeds for the authentic taste.
2. I used Betty Crocker brand cake mix and Jell-O brand pudding mix.
3. Use yellow or white cake mix.
4. Use Vegetable oil only as it doesn't contain strong flavor.


Credits
Watkins Lemon Extract Recipe

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment