Thursday, January 29, 2015

Bilimbi Gojju



I spotted "Irumban Puli" in the frozen vegetable section of my local Indian stores. Though these specific words meant nothing to me, the picture on the packet screamed "Bilimbi"! So I had to buy it. :-)

The first simple recipe that I tried, was by making chutney using coconut and garlic. It was more or less similar to the Ambule Gojju.

Bilimbi Gojju
Bilimbi Chutney
Ingredients
5-6 Bilimbi/
1/2 cup coconut
4-5 garlic cloves
salt to taste
7-8 byadgi chilies (Use more or less per personal preference)

Garnish
Few drops of coconut oil

Method
1. Steam bilimbi in a spoonful of water. Let it cool down.
2. Grind coarsely with all the remaining ingredients.
3. Drizzle coconut oil as a garnish.

Note -
1. This gojju should be hot and should have a strong garlicky flavor.
2. Serve this "chutney" as a side dish with your meal or an accompaniment with dosa/idli.




Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment