Saturday, January 17, 2015

Lemon Ricotta Muffins


Addition of ricotta cheese to any muffin recipe reminds me of Mava cakes sold at Irani bakeries of Mumbai. So whenever I come across such recipes, I jot them down immediately. I discovered this recipe in my pre-blogging recipe diary. I think this recipe may be from Cooking Light or Good Housekeeping. Unfortunately, I am not very sure. This Italian muffin recipe sure will win the hearts.

Lemon Ricotta Muffins
Ingredients
Mix
2 cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Whisk
1 cup part skin ricotta cheese
1/3 cup milk
6 tbsp. butter, melted
2 eggs
2 tsp. lemon zest

Garnish
2 tbsp. sugar

Method
1. Preheat oven 400F
2. Mix and whisk ingredients shown above.
3. Add wet mixture to the dry mixture.
4. Do not over mix. Stir till moist.
5. Grease 12 - 15 muffin cups lined with wrappers.
6. Pour the mixture.
7. Sprinkle sugar on top for garnish.
8. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or till done.
9. Serve with your afternoon tea or morning coffee!

Note

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment