Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Lunchbox Brownies


 
 As I was pouring the sugar from the pack into the container, I noticed this recipe "Lunchbox brownies". I thought this may just lift Gudiya's mood as she was under the weather due to cough and cold for past few days and was dreading to go back to school next day, fearing the amount of missed work she would need to work on by missing the recess!

I made the brownie pieces smaller, hoping for some portion control. I didn't have low fat milk so I used evaporated milk. I also added a handful of walnut pieces as I feel walnuts and chocolate brownie make a terrific combo.

Please note that I used the following recipe.
https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/lunchbox-brownies

My modified - albeit just a little modification - version is as follows.

Lunchbox Brownies
Ingredients
6 tbsp. cocoa powder
2/3 cup natural cane sugar
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons unbleached white flour
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/3 cup walnut pieces

4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


Method
1. Preheat oven 350 F
2. Line 8 x 8 square pan with a parchment paper.
3. Grease it with some cooking spray.
4. Mix cocoa powder, cane sugar, flour, whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda , walnuts and sea salt.
5. Heat butter in a small container till it's melted. Let it be at room temperature. Add milk , egg and vanilla extract. Whisk.
6. Add in the flour mixture to mix.
7. Pour the thick batter on the greased paper.
8. Bake for half an hour.
9. Cut into small squares.
Note
I used evaporated milk instead of regular milk.

Recipe Credits
https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/lunchbox-brownies


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment