Sunday, July 7, 2013

Oven Roasted American Sweet Corn


Summer is in full swing here. That also means visiting country fairs and sampling some good, old fair food. You get to see many old classics like freshly squeezed lemonades, kettle corn, snow cones, ribbon fries and of course roasted corn. I wanted to try the roasted corn. The old lady, handed over a corn, still in its husks. She then carefully pulled down the husks. I wasn't sure if it was even roasted. But people were devouring it. Then I realized that the corn was baked in the oven. So it didn't have those trademark black spots that roasting on the charcoals give. The popular choice was dunking the corn in the butter which I am not very fond of. So I sprinkled my corn with salt and cayenne pepper.

Now, this is the season to enjoy corn. When I picked the corn from the Farmers Market, I accidentally pulled all the husks. So I wrapped my corn on cobs with aluminum foil. I followed Tyler Florence's recipe for Oven Baked Corn. It was very easy.

Oven Roasted American Sweet Corn
Ingredients
4 or 8 American Sweet Corn, wrap in Aluminum foil

Garnish (Choose any or all of your choice)
Salt
Red Pepper/Chile powder
Lemon Wedges

Method
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Clean and wash the corns.
3. Wrap each corn in an Aluminum foil tightly.

4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Serve immediately along with garnish of your choice. [It will be very hot!]

Note -
1. Many prefer eating this corn, with ample amount of butter.

Credits
Tyler Florence


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment