Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Avocado Pesto or Basil Guacamole?


Avocado Pesto Garnish for the vegetable soup



I don't know what to call this creation of mine? My basil plant was eager to share its bounty. I had just plucked some fresh garlic. There was a lone, very ripe avocado that I had to use that day. I came up with this mixture. Now, I am not sure whether I should call it Avocado Pesto or Basil Guacamole?;-)

Avocado Pesto or Basil Guacamole
Ingredients
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
1 avocado, peeled/pitted, pulp
3-4 garlic cloves, fresh or usual, roughly chopped
salt to taste
1/2 tsp lime zest
1 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed (or to taste)

Method
1. Add all the chopped ingredients in a small food processor.
2. Process till it is mashed up.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients. Process again till it is smooth.
4. Serve immediately.

Note-
1. I serve this pesto as a topping on the soup, spread on a bread or even as a chutney with bhakri.
2. Since this recipe does not contain oil and avocado discolors quickly, use this pesto/guacamole same day.


Avocado Pesto/Basil Guacamole posing as a chutney with bhakri!;-)
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment