Sunday, March 3, 2013

Vegetable Pizza



 
I use "Perfect Pizza Crust" recipe from Bob's red Mill. The pizza crust/base comes out perfect every time. I use any veggies that I can think of to top my pizza [Even Avocado, Asparagus & Artichoke hearts!]
 
Perfect Crust Vegetable Pizza
Pizza Crust recipe from Bob's Red Mill
Ingredients
Mix
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp dry yeast
 
Mix
2 1/2 cup white bread flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
 
You will also need,
2 tbsp oil
Corn meal for dusting
 
Pizza ingredients
Vegetables of your choice [red bell peppers, firm/deseeded tomatoes, black olives, grilled asparagus, artichoke hearts, onions, mushrooms, garlic, yellow corn, spinach - you name it!]
pizza sauce - as needed
 
Grated mozzarella cheese - as needed
 
Method
1. Add dry flour ingredients to yeast mixture. Add oil and knead till the dough is elastic.
2. Place in a greased bowl.
3. Cover with a wrap.
4. Rest in a warm place till the dough is doubled in size.
5. Divide the dough into 2 halves.
6. Form two 12" circles.
7. Preheat over 450F
8. Place on cornmeal dusted baking sheet.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
 
Note-
1. I generally smear the pizza sauce on the pizza base. Top it with veggies of choice and cheese and bake in the oven.
2. I make 4 balls and form 4 medium pizzas.
3. I use half of bread flour and half of whole wheat flour to make it healthful.
4. I use frozen artichoke hearts and grilled asparagus from Trader Joe's.
5. I use the same recipe to knead the dough in the breadmaker.
 
Recipe for pizza crust  





Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment