Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Orange & Chocolate Muffins

 
 

One orange, one egg, one Chobani yogurt and some leftover oat flour (it measured to be 1/2 cup later!) were screaming for my attention. So I came up with this recipe. I was going to sprinkle some sugar on top before putting these muffins in the oven for baking, but I forgot about it. I decided to zest the orange before squeezing it. Then beautiful orange flavored chocolate from Sorrento, Italy caught my eye and I thought it would go beautifully with the recipe that was about to be made. All of this, resulted into a blog-worthy creation - Orange Chocolate Muffins.

Orange-Chocolate Muffins
Ingredients
1 cup All purpose Flour
1/2 cup oat flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Whisk
1 egg
1/4 + 2 tbsp. orange juice, freshly squeezed
1 tbsp. orange zest
1/4 cup butter, melted
1, 5.3 oz Pineapple Chobani Yogurt (2 %)

Mix in
2 tbsp. Orange flavored chocolate, roughly chopped

Method
0. Preheat oven 350F
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
2. Whisk egg with all the ingredients till yogurt.
3. Mix dry and wet ingredients till they are incorporated.
4. Stir in roughly chopped chocolate.

5. Pour into 12 muffins tray.

6. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or till it is baked well.
7. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Note -
1. I grate an orange using thick holes of the grater. Make sure that white part/pith of the orange is not grated as it would make the batter bitter!




Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment