Friday, June 13, 2014

Spinach Fusilli Pasta

 
Like all mothers everywhere, when I cook dinner on the weekdays, I look for a recipe that is quick, nutritious and kid-friendly. Gudiya seems to love pasta. So I sneak in as many vegetables as possible. I even add turmeric to my pasta!
 
Spinach Fusilli Pasta
Ingredients
 1 cup whole wheat fusilli, cook according to the packet directions
1 red bell pepper, cored, sliced
1 cup baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
1 ½ cup frozen spinach
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt to taste

Tempering
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. minced garlic (fresh)
½ tsp turmeric powder

Method
1.     Cook pasta according to the instructions.
2.    Heat oil. Add garlic. Sauté for a minute.
3.    Add mushrooms. Let the moisture evaporate.
4.    Add bell peppers, turmeric powder and Italian seasoning.
5.    Add spinach. Allow it to thaw.
6.    Add cooked pasta and salt to taste.
7.    Mix and serve – if needed sprinkle cheese of your choice.

Note –
Since turmeric powder is full of antioxidant properties, I even add it in my pasta.

 

 




Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment