Thursday, June 26, 2014

Homemade Toop/Ghee/Clarified Butter



I explained the process of making white butter yesterday and how mom turned it into clarified butter.

But in the United States, I make clarified butter differently. I just simmer sweet cream butter (no added salt please! ) and let it turn into ghee/toop.

Sometimes, for flavor & if in season, I add a turmeric leaf.

Homemade Toop/Clarified Butter/Ghee
Ingredients
A stick of sweet cream butter (one or more sticks per need)


Method
1. Add the stick of butter/(or sticks) to a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Let it heat on a low flame.
3. Simmer till the butter is clarified that means you see milk solids at the bottom of the pan. We call this milk solids as beri/बेरी   in Marathi.
 



Note -
1. Do not use salted butter sticks.
2. You may add a fresh turmeric leaf - tied in a knot, while butter is heating up. This may be an acquired taste.



Print Page

3 comments:

  1. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well.I am very impressed with your vision and insight. organic ghee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have perused your article, it is exceptionally enlightening and helpful for me.I respect the profitable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.
    https://www.hobartbricklayers.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a strikingly basic article. I basically wish to offer a creature proceed for the standard data you have perfect here on this post. Body building Product Review

    ReplyDelete