Saturday, May 9, 2015

Ragi/NachaNi Dosa


 
 

 

As usual, I was perusing the shelves of my Indian stores the other day, I came across the recipe of Ragi dosa on the back of the Ragi flour pack. I pretty much followed it to create my version. I would love to announce that I have finally mastered the art of making dosas on the cast iron griddle. So far, I could only make good dosas on the nonstick pans.

Ragi Dosa
Finger Millet Pancake
Ingredients
1 cup urad daal
1 cup rice (white or brown)
3 cups Ragi/Nachni flour

salt per taste

oil for cooking

Method
1. Soak daal and rice overnight.
2. Drain and grind to a smooth paste.
3. Cover and keep it for fermenting for 6-8 hours.
4. Add ragi flour and mix so there are no lumps.
5. Add salt and water to adjust the consistency.
6. Heat a nonstick or cast iron pan.
7. Spread a spoonful of batter, making concentric circles.
8. Drizzle oil as needed. Cover and let it cook.
9. Serve hot off the griddle with a chutney of your choice.

Note -
I clean off the cast iron pan using a paper napkin after cooking every dosa.




Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment