Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sandwich Masala



Some time back, a friend mentioned about a popular sandwich stall in Santa Cruz, Mumbai. I was even a lucky recipient of the signature sandwich masala powder. Generally when I make the street sandwich, I sprinkle a little bit of chaat masala or black pepper powder on the boiled potatoes. But after using this masala powder, I created my own version.

Mumbai Sandwich Masala
Ingredients
1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
1/4 tsp cloves, roasted
1/2 tsp black peppercorns, roasted
A pinch of fennel seeds, roasted
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp Pink Himalayan salt or Rock Salt or Saindhav/Sindhav

Method
1. Roasted whole spices one after the other. Let it cool down completely.
2. Powder to a fine powder, mixing cinnamon powder and salt.
3. Store in an airtight container.

Note
1. Sprinkle this masala while making Mumbai Street Sandwiches.



Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment