Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Chocolate Mint Oatmeal Cookie

 

 

 


Grandma's cookies and warm milk is one of the most loved combos in America. I didn't grow up eating cookies. My grandmothers didn't even know about "cookies". The first ever cookie, I met in my life , was my friend's precious little Pomeranian. :-) Later, sometime in 90s, "Cakes & Cookies" opened up near Bandra Station, but I didn't bother to try any cookies then.

After coming to America, this chewy  fresh baked (mind you, not freshly baked!) cookie showed up everywhere -  vending machines, subway, office parties, crunch day, Christmas - you name it!

Now, I bake cookies every year for Christmas. They make perfect gift for Gudiya's teachers/instructors. I also bake cookies for  good cause. This gives me an opportunity to try out several recipes. I try my hand at new cookie recipes each year. Since Chocolate Mint is Gudiya's favorite flavor, I used King Arthur's Oatmeal Cookie recipe and added Andes Chocolate Mint chips.

Chocolate Mint Oatmeal Cookie
Adapted from King Arthur & CKC
Ingredients

Beat
1 cup butter @room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar

Add
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp. vanilla extract

Mix together
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1cup Quick or Old Fashioned Oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Stir in
2 1/2 cups Andes Mint Chips

Method
1.Preheat oven 325 F
2. Beat butter with sugars till light.
3. Add egg, yolk and vanilla.
4. Mix flour, Oats,baking powder, salt and baking soda
5. Add to the butter mixture to mix.
6. Stir in Andes chocolate mint chips.
7. Scoop a spoonful on the parchment lined baking tray
8. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.
9. Cool the cookies in the pan for 10 minutes.
10. Transfer to a cooling rack.
11. Keep in an airtight container after cooled down.

Note-
1. Above recipe gave me 3 dozen cookies.

Recipe Credit
King Arthur & CKC




Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment