Thursday, April 3, 2014

Tofu-Leeks Soup

 


Every now and then, I get inspired by "French Women Don't Get Fat" book and I buy Leeks, and every single time, I make my own version of Leeks. ;-)

Tofu-Leeks Soup
Ingredients
2 Leeks, rinsed thoroughly, finely chopped
8 cups water
1/2 slab of tofu, diced
salt to taste
Crushed black pepper

Tempering
1 tsp Olive oil
2-3 drops of toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste


Method
1. Heat oil in a big saucepan.
2. Saute ginger-garlic paste for 2 minutes.
3. Add chopped leeks. Saute till they are wilted.
4. Add water and bring to boil.
5. Add salt and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add tofu chunks and let it boil for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot soup, sprinkled with freshly crushed black pepper.

Note -
1. Rinse leeks thoroughly as it is full of dirt. I like to take apart each leaf and wash it.
2. Do not use any tough green part of the leeks.


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment