Friday, April 25, 2014

Nutella-Banana Cake


Every once in a while, I have three overripe bananas on the kitchen counter. I have been doing many versions of banana breads and cakes. I have been freezing those overripe bananas for making smoothies for later. Last week I followed the recipe from Cooking Light. Instead of making a loaf, I baked it in a square pan. I didn't use butter, used 3 bananas instead of 2 and used almonds instead of hazelnuts. I did not glaze it.

This recipe is a winner.My family simply loved this cake.

Nutella-Banana Cake
Adapted from Cooking Light
Ingredients

Microwave for 30 seconds
5 tbsp. Nutella Chocolate-Hazelnut spread
1 tsp Canola oil

Blend
3 tbsp. Canola oil
3 mashed overripe bananas
½ cup sugar or brown sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup buttermilk

Mix
1 ½ cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
½ tsp salt
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder

Garnish
Almond Slivers

Method
1.     Preheat oven to 350 F.
2.    Add dry ingredients to wet ingredient mixture.
3.    Grease and flour a square cake pan.
4.    Pour half of the cake batter.
5.    Spread the Nutella mixture.
6.    Pour remaining half mixture
7.    Using a skewer, swirl to make marble pattern.
8.    Place almond slivers on top.
9.    Bake for 55 minutes.
10.  Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
11.  Invert and let it cool on the wire rack.

Note -
The original recipe with proportion can be found below.


Credits
Cooking Light

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment