Saturday, March 1, 2014

Grilled Vada Pav

 



Those who are familiar with my blog may already know my extreme fondness for Vada Pav. Today, I am sharing a new vadapav from Mumbai. Well, it's new for me, anyways! Growing up, I had never come across this grilled version. But these days, grilled vada pav and samosa pav seem to be the in thing in Mumbai. So here's my version -

Grilled Vada Pav (Serves 2)
Ingredients
2 Batata Vadas
2 Pavs or any Panini bread of your choice
Garlic chutney
Green Chutney
Tomato Ketchup

Oil or butter as needed (I use Olive oil butter)

Method
1. Spread chutneys and ketchup on the inner side of the pav or bread.
2. Stuff each vada in each pav.
3. Butter/oil the crust.
4. Keep in a Panini maker or grill.
5. Let it grill till marks appear on the crust.
6. Take out and cut into halves.
7. Serve with Tomato ketchup.

Note -
1. Similarly grilled Samosa Pav can also be made. Honestly speaking, Samosa pav appears little redundant to me, since Samosa already has a cover of all purpose flour. But go right ahead, if it works for you!
2. Torta rolls from Costco worked really well for this recipe.
3. There are several versions of batata vada on my blog (& believe me, many more to come!). So choose any recipe that you find most appealing!;-)

Some Batata Vada Permutations & Combinations -
1. Marathi Batata Vada
2. Gujarati Bataka Vada
3. Indori Alu Vada
4. Vada Pav
5. Baked Vada Pav

Print Page

1 comment:

  1. great and nice blog thanks sharing..I just want to say that all the information you have given here is awesome...Thank you very much for this one.
    black raisins in India

    ReplyDelete