Saturday, January 11, 2014

Broccoli Talasani

 

I had a pack of frozen chopped broccoli in the freezer. I decided to make a simple talasani. It worked really well. Of course, for authentic flavor, do use coconut oil.

Broccoli Talasani
Broccoli Stir Fry
Ingredients
1 lb/16 oz. frozen, chopped broccoli (Do not thaw)
salt to taste

Tempering
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp asafoetida
4-5 cloves of garlic, smashed or slivered
2-3 red chilies - preferably byadgi - halved

Garnish
1 tbsp freshly scraped coconut

Method
1. Heat oil in an iron kadai.
2. Add tempering ingredients. As they start sizzling, add chopped broccoli.
3. Stir fry till it is cooked. Add salt and coconut.

Note -
1. I like to use only "chopped" frozen broccoli for this recipe. I think frozen florets do not work as well.
2. I do not thaw the frozen, chopped broccoli.



Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment